Sunday, July 26, 2009

Our Publix Trip 7/26/2009 - 98% SAVINGS !!! -- Alta, the boys & Me !!!

we did 3 transactions-

total OOP #1= $1.61
(paid with gift card from previous week - got overage - bought gift card)

total OOP #2= $8.75
(paid with gift card from previous week - got overage - bought gift card)

total oop #3= $10.54
(paid 31 cents of this order with gift card from previous week - got overage - bought gift card)

alta insisted on paying $7 of it all -- but didnt have 2 pfff

total OOP all =
$20.90 - 10.67 (gift cards) =
$10.23 in the end

total savings overall = $494.37 !!!!!!!

98% savings !!!!!!!!

We all had a nice time today --- although I have to admit i broke down on the way to the store and on the way home --- had Ms Loyce still been here on earth with us today she would have been going to (we had arranged last week for this to happen) --- God rest her soul --- I will greatly miss her and I will always have her with me where ever I go --- She left an imprint on my heart --- And what wonderful hugs she gave --- I will miss that as well

I only got to take her with us on one trip --- But that trip will be a forever memory --- I wont forget how it felt to gift her groceries and to know I was helping in some fashion -- I know she is feasting with the lord now tho --- I praise god for allowing me a brief period in time to know her --- She was a special women no doubt

this is what we got today:
353 items total --

Final cost $.06 cents per item !!!!

(this isnt taking into account the use of the gift cards)

taking that into account --
$.03 cents per item !!!

WOOT !!!

6 packs of sirlion steaks - alta took 3, us 3, mom & dad 1
4 lawrys merinades - alta took 2, us 2
8 bottled waters - kept for mikeypoo (my son)
200 packs of kool aid - alta took some - storing rest for church functions
10 bags of friskies cat food - will trade out for dog food
14 packs of friskies party mix cat food - will trade out for dog food
20 small bags of sugar - alta took 6, mom & dad 4, we kept the remainder
20 bags of Alexia snacks - alta took 4 or 5, gave 2 to mom & dad - kept remainder
20 Starkist Fish Fillets - alta took 6, mom & dad 7 - us 7
2 gallons of milk - alta took one, we kept one
5 boxes of ceral - alta took 2, rest went to mom & dad
11 Buitoni Pasta - alta took 3, mom & dad 1 - we kept remainder
10 packs of Bic Pencils - alta took 3, mom & dad 1 - we kept remainder
8 Snapple Drinks - alta took 4 - we kept 4
2 Cokes - 20oz - drinks to cool down with hahaha
$21.29 worth of items from deli -
lunch meat, cheeze, rolls - shared this with alta
2 Fresh Express Salad Bags - alta took one - we kept one
3 Adam & Eve Juice - alta kept these
2 Reach Toothbrushes - alta kept these
1 Reach Dental Floss - alta kept these

2 comments:

  1. I had a blast! You are so right about Ms Loyce. I remember that trip we took with her. She was playing with and goofing wiht the boys. What a wonderful memory.

    You should have let me pay for all of the order!

    I can hardly wait until we go again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. xo alta ... u know she felt a need to pay a few bucks --- and well ill give it back to the lord this weekend in the offering plate :) ... u know i didnt even want her to but she insisted ... just think of what all she got for that $4 tho --- she was THRILLED !!! and so was I for her .... I am so glad I got that once in a lifetime chance to share with her -- GOD BLESS MS LOYCE !!! forever more

    ReplyDelete